Wednesday, March 28, 2012

::Family Time = Most Important

Lately, I've been really emotional about all aspects of family time. The thought of it, actually having it, remembering memories from it, etc. It all gets me a little choked up when I stop and think about it. Now that I'm a mother, seeing my children play (nicely) together bring me the greatest joy on earth. Another thing that brings me joy is watching our family members create those memories with our boys, too. We are very fortunate to have my mom and sister close by, my Dad gets to see them a few weekends a month, and the Hubs family who makes great efforts to come spend some time out here with us. Now that the boys are mobile and have very short attention spans, it's even harder for us to travel with them, not to mention all the crap that we'd have to take with us to make our lives manageable during our visits. In about 2 weeks, my MIL and FIL will be coming out for a weekend visit, along with my BIL and SIL and their 3 year old daughter. E (my niece) and my two boys are the only grand kids, so it's extra special when we can all get together. The kiddos have a blast together! We will be going to Vegas to spend Mother's Day with the Hubs whole family again, and I'm really looking forward to more family time.

Last Friday, a friend of a friend experienced a great tragedy that shook their family to the core. It has made news, and authorities are still trying to piece everything together to figure out exactly what happened that morning. I've never met this friend of our friend, however just the mere thought of experiencing what their family is going through made me teary eyed. Horrible. Heart breaking. I've been saying prayers for the families of both victims for peace and contentment as they grieve and try to cope with the loss of their loved ones.

This story is an strong reminder to me why it so important to cherish moments with family. Today is a gift. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. Life is precious. It's also a good reminder to always tell loved ones how much they are loved. If you have a spare few seconds, please say a prayer for these families involved in this accident.

1 comments:

MEGAN said...

I think this all the time, and still probably not enough. Each SECOND is a gift!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments