Monday, August 29, 2011

::Manic Monday (To Say The Least)

HOLY.CRAP!

These two words describe a lot of what the last few weeks have been for DH and I. We have officially crossed into the realm of "parents with two teething babies" and we are not fans of this phase at all. I realize that I have been absent in the last 4-6 weeks, however I feel like I have good reason (not that I need to justify myself). I've been juggling trips, a baptism, friends & family visiting and the daily grind that is my life. 
My poor kids are starting to look like Edward Sissorhands with all the little nicks and cuts on their precious little faces because their finger nails are so long and I haven't been able to catch the opportunity to cut them. Just today, my mom had to help me fold about 6 loads worth of clean laundry that has been sitting on my couch for the last "x" amount of days. Unfortunately for my husband & I, one of our 4 cats enjoys burying herself in the middle of our warm, snugly, clean clothes, so not only are they fresh and clean, they also have a light coat of black cat hair on them... nice accessory! With more of my mom's help, my downstairs carpet finally got a little attention from my vacuum (which incidentally has a layer of dust all it own in the closet). I recognized that my carpet was becoming a problem when my boys, who are now rolling in every direction and rarely do they roll in the same direction, rolled off of their blanket and then smiled at me with a mouth full of cat hair. YUCK! 

I've had good days and bad days since the last time I posted here... I've had many days where I've felt like I needed a Xanax and a shot of Jaegermeister, or maybe just an hour on a therapists couch would suffice. Being a parent is a tough job. It's by far the hardest thing I have ever set out to do in my lifetime...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments