Friday, June 24, 2011

::Struggling With Sanity

When I went to my OBs office for my postpartum check up, one of the things she told me was that she's never had a mom of multiples who hasn't had to go on anti-depressants. When she told me this, I was a little taken aback by her forwardness, but I knew that her message was to not feel guilty or ashamed if I began to struggle with feeling overwhelmed by my life as a mom of twins. Fast forward to today... Today was a day where I probably would have benefited from some "happy pills". Everyday is a struggle for me to just keep my head above water. I can only do "just enough" to make sure my nose is right at the edge of the water; just to the point where if the water level rises even a smidge, I'll drowned. Thaw how I feel every single day. Sensory overload; exhaustion to the point of insanity. My eyes burn, my head hurts and my back hurts every second of every day.

Bottom line is that I feel so unhealthy as a whole. I need to try and take some time to get away, even for just a few minutes everyday. The problem is, I always need two people around to tend to these two tiny bugs, and with just two family members in the state, that's not always an option. I'd kill for a pedicure right about now.

I started writing this post yesterday evening at 6pm, and I'm just now wrapping it up the next morning at 7:06am... This is my life now... When will it get a little easier???

Signed,
A Worn Out Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments