Friday, September 2, 2011

::Feeling Conflicted...

Since C & I moved from California to Colorado about a year and a half ago, we are usually not able to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, special events, etc with our family members. This was definitely something we took into consideration when we discussed the pros and cons of moving to a different state, however we ultimately decided that it was in our best interest (financially and otherwise) to begin our lives as a newly married couple in a state other than California. At first, it was a little lonely when the weekends would roll around and we would be alone in our big house all by ourselves and being unfamiliar with our new surroundings. About 7 months after we moves, my parents and younger sister followed us out here, which was amazing timing as I found out I was pregnant 5 days after they moved into their new house... obviously God has his hand in that! Even though we are super grateful to have my parents and sister close to us, we still miss our other family members that still live in CA and NV. It's especially difficult when birthdays roll around, or holidays and such and we can't all be together for one reason or another. 


Two upcoming events raise have brought these conflicted feelings in my heart... the first one being about my older sister J who will be turning 30 in about a week, and the second is our niece/goddaughter E's 3rd birthday in December. It really sucks that we aren't around for these special moments in time. Things like this used to not bother me as much when I was younger, but now that I'm getting older and married with my own kids, quality family time is extra important to me. I wish I had an endless amount of money to travel whenever and where ever I wanted to, and I wish it was a lot easier to travel with my two kiddos. Such is life, I guess. It is just a big bummer that my boys don't have as much time with our family members as I'd like. One things that I try to make a big effort at is to make every moment count when we are together with our loved ones. 


A wise man once said, "I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." These words hold very true in my heart. Give you babies, spouse and/or parents & siblings an extra hug next time you see them just because. Your cup will runneth over!

Do you live far away from any of your friends &/or family? 
How are you able to stay involved with them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments