Wednesday, September 21, 2011

::Later Facebook...I'm over you!

 
I have officially decided to leave the Facebook world. I have tossed around the idea before, but with all the new changes and weird privacy (or lack thereof) settings, I'm not too crazy about the idea of other creepers having access to my personal info, pictures, friends, etc. I have nothing against anyone who still chooses to be a part of FB, but it's just not for me anymore. 


I remember when I was watching the movie "The Social Network", one of the things that the character Mark Zuckerburg said in reference to the format of Facebook was that he wanted the simplicity of it to be what draws people to their site. Simplicity, it is not, especially now. I feel like as soon as I get used to a new layout or format, they change things up again. Super annoying, so I'm just over the whole thing. 


All good things must come to an end, right? Facebook reconnected me with a lot of old friends and co-workers, and has kept me in touch with many for the last few years. For now, though, I'm just going to stick to my family website and my personal blog to keep in touch with people. I figure that I already have too many complicated things in my life, so it's about time I did some house keeping, ya know?

For all of you who occasionally check in with my posts, please "follow" my blog so we can be sure not to lose touch.You can also follow me on Twitter (I'm more of a stalker than a tweeter, but it's still fun to be in the loop) at @katiefermin.


How do you feel about Facebook and other "social networking" sites? 
Do you use them, and if so, which ones? 
Do you every feel like your life is on display? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments