Monday, September 5, 2011

::The Meaning of Labor Day

There are many days throughout the year that we as American's celebrate. Some of these days we are just in it for the BBQ and a beautiful, sunny day off work. One question I ask myself now that I'm an "adult" is whether or now I actually know or understand the meaning behind these days that we celebrate. I'm embarrassed to say that many times, I am ignorant to the true meaning of these holidays. This year for Labor Day, I did a little research on the meaning of Labor Day...


Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country


This simple explanation resounded within my heart because of the endless list of things that I as an American take for granted every single day. I have many freedoms and liberties that so many people around the world do not have because of the pioneering efforts of the many men and women that came and went before me. Let us remember on these beautiful, sunny holidays what we are actually celebrating.


God Bless You & God Bless America!

How does your family celebrate Labor Day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments