Monday, October 3, 2011

::Construction Woes

We decided that we wanted to add another bedroom to the upstairs of our house, and while we are at it, why not just finish the basement. Currently, all the framing is up and we are super excited to get it finished and have even more living space in our basement. Unfinished, it is 1500 sq ft of storage, but when it's completed, we'll have 2 more bedrooms downstairs, another full bathroom and tons more living space. It will be awesome when we have parties or for when we want to watch movies in our own little theater. 

One thing that totally sucks when you have a major construction project happening in your home is the dust. I hate dust. And to compound our dusty woes, our community is building a whole new group of homes behind the houses across the street from ours, so there's tractors, dirt and tons more dust! I can't get away from it! To try and combat this issue, I have our cool mist humidifiers running around the clock to try and keep the sir nice and moist. I'm not so much worried about myself, but I don't want my boys to end up with sinus infections or colds from the nastiness that's flying around in the air that we are all breathing.

I suppose it just comes with the territory.... oh well! 

Here are a few pics of the "during contruction" phase. When it's all done, I'll take and post more pics!

Here's our new upstairs bedroom
Here's one half of our basement

And here's the other half of our basement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments