::Life Is Beautiful

Fall has officially arrived in Colorado! Saturday was the first snowfall of the season, and it was beautiful! I woke up to snow packed on the windows, the lawns were covered in blankets of white, and big snowflakes were flurrying around outside. It came down all day.

My mom, dad and sister spent the day with us. We were cooking, laughing, playing with my boys, and watching sports all day long. We made chocolate raspberry cookies, homemade potato soup, french bread and a delicious citrus salad with raspberry vinaigrette. There was nothing in particular that was planned for the day, but it was perfect the way it was with all of us enjoying each others company. Days like that make me wish that all of my family members lived in the same area so we could all be together. I was specifically missing my sister "J" and her husband on this day. Things had always been rough between us, but over the past year or so, we have started down the path of healing together and because of this newly discovered chapter in our lives, I wish she lived closer to my family and I. So, "J", if you're reading this, wanna sell your house and move to Colorado?!" We can hang out all the time!!! :)

Sunday was much the same as Saturday, except it was football day. During NFL season, Sundays are dedicated to fantasy leagues, good food and friends. They are our family's lazy day, and we love it! I made Thai Pineapple Curry Chicken with jasmine rice and a homemade apple pie... YUM! These two dishes were my first try at them, and while they weren't perfect, they were delicious! Because I spend the majority of my days by myself or with just my mom and my boys, I especially enjoy the weekends when my home is full of people, love and laughter (and delicious smelling foods!)

How do you enjoy spending your weekends during the fall or winter seasons?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments