Thursday, October 13, 2011

::On The Road Again....

My last post was about how I make all of my boys' baby food, but the reality of it is that we aren't home for every.single.meal they eat. Since it's kind of impractical to try and take ice cube baby food on the road or out and about without it melting all over the place, I feed my boys only certified organic baby foods when we are on the go. The 3 brands that I love and trust are:

Ella's Kitchen (www.ellaskitchen.com) 
Plum Organics (www.plumorganics.com) 
Sprout Organic (www.sproutbabyfood.com)

I did a lot of looking around and researching other baby foods before I settled on these brands. I love these for a lot of the same reasons that I love making my own baby foods. No fillers, super nutritious, no funky stuff that I can't pronounce and it's in perfect portion sizes. 

Ella's Kitchen and Plum Organics average about $1.79 per pouch and can be found at Target, Babies r Us and some grocery stores. Sprout Organic is $0.98 per pouch and I have only been able to find it at Walmart. While the price per ounce is much more expensive than making my own food, I'm more than willing to pay for the quality of the food and the convenience of being able to throw it in my JuJuBe Diaper Bag (www.ju-ju-be.com) use it whenever it's needed. 


We are going to be gone for 4 days in the next couple of weeks and I will be taking a variety of these three brands of food to feed my kiddos while we are away. I always try to meal plan for them to ensure than I have both fruits and vegetables at each meal for them. I'm debating on whether or not I will take my Magic Bullet with me anyway to make some fresh food while we are there, but regardless, I'll be prepared with these organic options. 




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts

About Me

Katie
I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a student of life. I am a broken, but trying to be the best mommy and wife I can be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Recent comments